Hello band members! We can’t wait to turn up the noise with you on our upcoming SCHOOL OF ROCK holiday camp! Below are a list of the songs we have chosen. We hope that you like them. Remember, if your favourite songs are not on this list, make sure you keep making some suggestions for next time and we will do our best to add them to the list!
Downloading the Sheet Music.
If you are coming to the 7-10yo camp we will be doing three songs!
If you are coming to the 11-13yo or the 14-18yo camp we will be doing 5 songs!
Make sure you print the correct music sheets for your camp! Musicians can print the chords and singers can print the lyrics. If you want to do both thats fine as well!
IMPORTANT: We suggest putting some staples down the spine to turn the pages into a small book. Don’t forget to put your name on the front.
How do I learn the Songs?
If you are a new musician you can still learn the songs in a very simple way. We can show you how to do this on the camp and also your own music teacher can help you in the few weeks leading up to the camp. If you have been playing your instrument for a while you can start by learning the chords and then try learning some of the harder parts after that. If you don’t have time to learn all of the tricky parts thats ok, we can do our best to learn them on the camp!
Getting help from your Teacher
Your music teacher can help you with these songs if you want! If you want support from a Music Central home-visit tutor in the lead up to the camp please get in touch with your camp coordinator.
Can I try a different Instrument on camp?
Yes! There will be time to try a different instrument if you want to. When we do our small concert at the end of the camp you might not get to play the instrument you want but you can still have a turn during practice.
Should I bring my Instrument?
Yes please! We will be providing microphones for singers and drum kit for drummers. We will also have a keyboard.
- Drummers – Bring your drumsticks!
- Keyboard and piano players – If your own portable keyboard (with speakers) please bring it with its stand.
- Guitarists – Please bring your guitar and amplifier. If you have accessories like a strap, capo, tuner and leads please bring all of these as well!
- Strings and Brass Players – Please bring your instrument. Some songs have special strings and brass parts which are not included in the chords and lyrics sheets. Please let your camp coordinator know if you need the music for these parts. If the parts are to difficult for you we can make a slightly easier version for you at the camp.
Why do we use Backing Tracks?
We may use these backing tracks to play along with on the camp. Why is this a good idea?
- Helps keep the band in Time.
- Makes it easier to learn songs in a short amount of time.
- Helps bring confidence to the band.
- If there are not enough musicians on the stage we can still have a big, full sound.